Thursday, May 2, 2013

Screencast-o-matic.com

Do you want to make your own YouTube videos? With this website, it makes it super easy and it’s FREE. Well with this program you can do that, plus more. You can use whatever presentation software that you want with this program whether you choose powerpoint, prezi, or smartboard notebook. You can also create demonstrations on how to use different technology so example if you wanted to show how to create a master slide in powerpoint, you can easily record this. If you want to show how to use a particular website, you can record that too. And if you have a web camera, you can put your face on the screen as well.

Teachers! If you have an especially difficult lesson that you want to post on your website, you can use this tool to record your lesson on something like SMART Board. You can also have students create their own videos on ANY subject matter. This would make a GREAT project for any subject. I am planning to use it in the future to show how to use some websites that I love and instructions on how to sign up for classes on Florida Virtual School so that I can post it on my school counseling website.

Screencast-o-matic is easy to use. My suggestion is to have a script ready before you begin recording and know what you want to show. Have students submit a script and an outline of visuals they will show.
Try it out and see if you like it. Better yet, have your students try out this website with your next project.

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome, Deedra - thank you for sharing! I just downloaded the Pro version ($15 for the year). I just completed a much needed recording for my pharmacology class and uploaded it to Google Drive and YouTube. I emailed my students the link and am hoping for some feedback soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that I could help. I hope it works out well for you.

    ReplyDelete